^^^I've moved to a new location^^^

Nov 15, 2008

Left 4 Wanting More


The Left 4 Dead Demo is availible for a few more days. I would reccomened taking a look at it. It's only two levels, but after you play through it a couple of times you see how the A.I. Director works. I've played about a dozen times and it's always been different. And that's only with two levels...

The loading screen, just before you start the round, rules. Plain and simple. Although I did have some issues with the game. I ran it on it's reccomended defaults, except changing the aspect ratio to 14:10. And not even two minutes in it crashed to the desktop...

So I went back in. Quickly joined a game inprogress, wondering if it would be the same one. It wasn't. But it wasn't far from where I had crashed, so I didn't mind. We made it to the end, surviving all the Smokers, Hunters, Boomers, and Witches it threw at us. And I was left wanting more. But I had to go to work.

So, eight hours later I was back at home and loading up the demo again. Only this time I decided to go at it alone, in that I was the only human. This was in a way, better. I had the opertunity to explore the enviroments better. When I was with a team of other players they were more focused on the task at hand and less in looking at VALVe's handywork. I discovered there are almost two ways to anywhere, and that setting off car alarms is a big no-no. Well, seeing a horde of zombies running at you from three directions is pretty sweet.

I've played a couple of zombie games, a big fan of the Resident Evil series. But Left 4 Dead, it feels less like a game and more like a movie. The way the zombies move about and attack reminds me more of the good 'ol zombie flicks.


Oh, and I'm really excited about SteamCloud. So many hassels will be saved.

No comments: