^^^I've moved to a new location^^^

Aug 24, 2008

A Heavy Retrospective

So it's been almost a week since the Heavy update and well, here are my two cents. Really just a quick going over...

pl_badwater
The new payload map kicks ass, although I miss the stage changes you have in goldrush. On badwater it seems like the game is a lot faster, with the teams changing very frequently. The open areas are great with three ways to get everywhere.

Arena Mode
or as I like to call it, Counter-Fortress. It's not bad. The having to sit out rounds blows. I'm, personally, not looking for a DM style of gameply with TF2. There isn't a lot of team aspect to a deathmatch.

Heavy Unlocks
I haven't played Heavy yet, waiting until a full week goes by, which is how I handle all the updates now. But having been killed by each I can say this:

KGB - Seems like a good addition to keep, the chances of getting a punch kill are always low, but when you do these will surly useful.
Natasha - I've gotten caught with this so many times. The less damage is perfectly balanced with the movement speed cut. This can make you change you play style dramatically.
Sandvich - GREATNESS! +120 health and unlimited uses? Why wouldn't you? Sure no Shotgun, but still! Nom, nom, nom, nom!


Overall greatness!

In other TF2 news, I've been working on my other classes. I have a personal rule of not playing a class if there are already two of them. So a lot of Sniper and Demo for me this week. I even got pretty good with Demo, I guess my old Quake 2 days of pwning with the GL are coming back, in a slightly modified way. One server I played on had replaced the cart with a horse. A friggen horse! At first I was dumbfounded and annoyed, but after i saw the thing walk along the tracks, I just laughed. In retrospect it is funny. And I thusly favourited the server.

No comments: